Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Computer Lab Favorites

I just got finished sampling the Computer Lab Favorites site that Professor Luongo posted on her blog, and I was really impressed with it. I feel like it could be a really great tool to apply to the classroom. I found it particularly great how well the web site was organized. You can organize the wheel by subject as well as by grade level. The site is bright and eye-catching to young children, and it seems like a program that students can learn a lot front while also being entertained.

It is extremely important, especially with the younger grades, to supply students with activities that are going to keep their attention, and they are going to enjoy. I believe that a student would get much more out of a program like this than they would a simple pencil and paper worksheet.

I also thought it was great that you could randomize the lesson that the students were to complete. This is a great way to assign problems to different groups or even to different group members. In general, this site really impressed me, and it is something that if used correctly can be a vital tool to learning in the classroom.

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

John,

Glad to help! ;)

A site such as this one can be used as a whole class lesson or an individualized computer lab exploration for students.

Thanks for posting!