Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Class Reflection

The final blog will focus on a reflection of the class and what I have learned. This class has taught me several very valuable things. Overall, I enjoyed the distance learning format. I believe it was set up very well by Professor Luongo and had a good blend of online learning, as well as classroom meetings. The class helped me to become familiar with Blackboard and the St. Peter's email system (both of which can be confusing to operate). One of the most valuable things this class taught me was how to work in a distance learning format. At first it seemed like it may be difficult to keep up with the format, but Professor Luongo helped to make it less overwhelming and much easier to work with.

I also felt that class meetings were beneficial. I enjoyed hearing from my classmates and sharing ideas with them. It was interesting to work on an assignment over a period of time on my own and then see all the work that my classmates had been doing as well. Another thing that was great about this class was the exposure to all of the educational software. There is so much information and software out there that can be a great help to teachers that I was never aware of. After taking this class I am excited about using several of these great programs in my own classroom someday.

I enjoyed being in class with Professor Luongo and all my classmates. Good luck and have a great holiday.

1 comment:

Shaheed Lewis said...

I really got a lot from the course I would agree that the class was a good hybrid of online interaction and classroom meetings. I learned a lot from the constant sharing, ideas, and concepts offered in the course. That to me was unexpected to walk away with so much.