Thursday, October 23, 2008

Web-Based Educational Resources - Kids Know It Network

Today I wanted to blog about a website I came across while I was looking for a website for my web page rubric assignment. I plan on using this site for my assignment and so far I have been very impressed by it. The first thing that caught my eye about the website was how user friendly it was, especially for younger aged students. It is brightly colored and has pictures to direct you around the site. The next thing I noticed was the diversity of subjects included on the site. Animals, astronomy, biology, chemistry, dinosaurs, geography, geology, history, human bio, math, memory and spelling were the listed subjects.
Educational Topics
Educational Topics
Educational Topics Educational Topics
Educational Topics Educational Topics
Educational Topics Educational Topics
Educational Topics Educational Topics
Educational Topics Educational Topics

I thought it was great that the site intermixed subjects that might not be as exciting to students (such as math and spelling) with subjects that they would probably enjoy more (such as animal and dinosaurs). I felt like this was a great way to get the students excited about the site while also making it an educational resource.

Also included were some educational games that the students could play. If I were to use the site I in a classroom setting I would probably reward the students by allowing them to use the game feature once they had completed other activities within the site.




No comments: